Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog of firsts....

Ahoy hoy everyone!

Yes this post will be a post if firsts.

Firstly (see what I did there?), today's post will be completely complaint free. That's right, I feel like no matter what I right about, I'm always complaining about something. But not this time. Oh no, this post will be about something that will not be sullied by the cries for pity and of woe.

It has been a long time coming, but  Mynx gave me my first ever award! (and for that you are also the first ever blog I've linked to in a post! See this blog is just chock full of firsts).

Back to the important thing, that's right, I gots me an award. The versatile blogger award no less. Woohoo!


Isn't it purdy...

How I got her to bestow this award to me, I don't know. (Seriously I don't. Was it the bucks, the booze or the boys I sent your way?)

Anyway, like anything in life, there's a catch. Apparently there's rules....

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.  

2. Share seven random facts about yourself. 
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.


So so far so good, step 1 done. Thanks again Minx. Now I know I have a very small loyal readers and a lot of you already read her blog, but to those that haven't haven't go now!


Now for the tricky part... 7 random facts.... alright well some of you will already know this stuff but hey, the rules didn't specify it had to be something new :p


1- I will try just about any kind of food at least once. In fact I have had balut on more then one occasion
2- I was born the day before mother's day.
3- Gluttony and sloth are two of my favourite sins
4- I love the Doors, my favourite song is probably The Crystal Ship
5- I know how to play 8 Days a Week on the piano
6- I've always been no farther then 3 metro stations away from whatever school I was going too here in montreal
7- I love playing Scrabble. What;s more, I love winning in Scrabble lol. so if anyone ever wants to play a game online, let me know! :)

yeah I know, kinda weak facts, but I couldn't think of anything really interesting... at least not in point form like that. I got a few stuff, but they're kinda brewing in my head for full posts :)

Finally I need to pass this award on. Now, I know most of the commenters on my blog already read each other's blog, so please excuse me if I don't mention you for the award. Not that you're undeserving, but just trying to spread the blog love around :)

So here goes:

Several deadly cines by Stace - a blog about his studies in screenwriting/cinema studies. some interesting things to read and good for those who love to write, regardless of medium.

Mastering the pieces by Steph - showcasing great fingernail art (she should be a professional hand model) as well as the going ons in her life.

Everything that rises must be read - Mostly for horror movie buffs. Great reviews as well as occasional posts about non-horror related things.

Happy dying sun - Chio's blog. a blog about her day to day usually, she's always entertaining :)

... i can stay - a crazy irish reviews basically a book a day until he gets the right to stay in Oz. And now that he has that right, he's still going!


I promise to spread more of the blog love soon! But for now, I think I'll go indulge in one of my favourite sins and go loaf ;)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! Thank you :D

Dejch said...

we always complain about something.. but that's good positive thinking you got there! stick to it!

not displayed said...

Thanks for the shout out and congrats to those you have passed it on to.
I love playing "words with friends" which is kinda like scrabble with chat :)

bobo said...

@Chio - You're welcome!

@Dejch - Thanks. Yeah, I try to keep positive, some days are harder then others, so I definitely take advantage of the easy days :)

@Mynx - Thank you for giving me the award! Maybe we should play a game one day. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Bobo. :)

not displayed said...

that would be fun. My words with friends name is Misti2312

bobo said...

@Stace - You're welcome! :D

@Mynx - As I commented on your latest post, I don't have a way of accessing Words with friends :(
Definitely saving your nick for when I do though!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Congrats on the award! You deserve it, sweetness!

bobo said...

Awww thanks Dawn :)

Sandra said...

Congrats on the award! Did I know you were in Montreal??? I'm from there, grew up in Brossard! Now I totally feel like we're kindred spirits. By the way, read your drunken post above. Great idea! I better go, I need to get wasted!
PS: Feel free to vote on as many IP addresses as you want! :)

bobo said...

Thanks Sandra! Oh cool I didn't know that! Well if you;re ever in the area let me know! :D

Have a great weekend ;)
PS I already voted once... gonna try to work in a few more ;)