Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Tidbits

Ahoy hoy everyone!

It's a bittersweet day in the Ahoy Hoy-verse. First welcome to Sandra, who somehow stumbled to my blog! Thanks for joining and having a sip of the kool-aid, it is muchly appreciated!



But with the rejoicing there comes sorrow. We have lost one of our own. I am not sure what happened. If my posts have offended or if I was part of a purge. Nonetheless, thanks for staying for as long as you did. May the blog gods be with you.

So just a quickie Friday catch up on all things BoBo.

We voted a new government in on Monday. Sadly the Conservatives now have a majority. We are stuck with them for at least 4years. I foresee dark days ahead. I mostly blame Ontario for switching to the Cons. Ugh.... Will one of you faithful be willing to let me stay with them and hide out until they get voted out.


In brighter news, my back is healing nicely. Not as sore, cut is healing up. Getting a bit itchy and scabby, but nothing bad. It is also Friday. Friday is always a good day.

This is a reminder for everyone. Sunday is Mother's Day! I have no idea what to get her. My mom is notoriously hard to shop for. Her likes doesn't really translate to gifts. And she never gives hints or suggestions. Flowers are a default, will probably get her a set of lottery stuff too. Sounds cold I know, but she likes playing the scratchies and is one of the few things I know she won't complain about lol.
I love my mommy!

As always, Mother's Day is also a reminder that my Birthday is coming up. This Monday I will be turning the big 3-0! So far it feels like any other year (although my body decided otherwise this past year. I might blog about it later). I'll probably freak out on Monday.
More like meh... for now....
Good thing I bought me a new bottle of vodka! (And yes I did think about you Heather when buying it! I'll bring it over to Dawn's house)   ;)

Happy Weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Heather (aka Sugar Free) said...

You're like my boyscout hero of the cocktail world! Always prepared!

bobo said...

AWwwww :o I do what I can!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Don't take it personally if someone stops following, it could have een for any reason. Although I lost one recently and and felt the same sense of loss as you did.

katsidhe said...

This is brilliant, bo'! Do you know how long it took for me to lose my first follower?! You're rockin' ahead of the curve, mon ami!

bobo's turning thirty...Heeheeheee...

>:D

bobo said...

@tony - Thanks for the advice. Yeah, it's a bit disenheartening, but i'm not letting it get to me much either.

@Kat - lol, thanks. I try my best :p
And just under an hour now.... :\

Jessica Thompson said...

Happy birthday!!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

G-Dang it I am late to the party again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! You look like a Bobo! And you smell like one too!
Dude! You bought some vodka to share with Heather and I! Lurrve!!! xxoo!!!

bobo said...

Thanks Jessica :)


Dawn, you're not late at all, my b-day is today! :D And I ain't a complete fool, drinks with Heather and you? Hell yeah!

Dejch said...

nice blog!

+following

bobo said...

Thanks for following! :)