Friday, February 10, 2012

Scumbag brain

Ahoy hoy everyone.

I would love to say that this is not another one of my infamous whiny emo posts, but I try not to lie to my friends. So this is another of my infamous whiny emo posts.

Good news, the guilty feelings I;ve been having have lessened. Oh and I got a raise! Woohoo!

Bad news, I've been have trouble sleeping for the past week or so. It either takes me a long time to sleep or I wake up at ungodly hours of the morning. I haven't had a full nights sleep in a while. Even after having a very good day, mfeeling happy, things going well, when it gets close to bedtime, bam! Stupid brain is like, y'know what, you were too happy today, time to think and overanalyze shit so you can't sleep. Hell even when my day isn't taht great, does my brain say, hey it's time for a break! NNNNOOOOOOooooo..... he just says keep on worrying.

Seriously. I think it's time I stab it with a q-tip. Hopefully then he'll shut up.

5 comments:

Juli said...

Melatonin honey. It's the only way. Completely safe and natural to the body... allows you to drift off but wears off at around 3 am so you're not groggy. (And you can not overdose, well I suppose you could but you'd have to actually be trying)

Or you could try Tequila.

Tequila works. Just not as well in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Nothing sets your day/mood/etc off to a worse start than lack of sleep. Depression gets worse, health declines, etc...you have to find a solution. I agree with Juli-I use melatonin too. It's non-habit forming and natural but it still helps me fall asleep.

Good luck, babe.

bobo said...

Thanks. I havge used melatonin, unfortunately it just seems to make the few hours I am asleep more "intense" but still not knocked out long enough.

Luckily I have had a bit better night's sleep lately. but still eh.

sunshine said...

Try some pills call "Sleep N Restore" by Natrol those are the best. My husband was constantly having trouble with the same exact thing, will have a hard time going to sleep, then will wake up a couple of hours later and be awake until finally sleeping about an hour again, started those pills and now he sleeps and wakes up feeling fresh... also those are natural!

bobo said...

Thanks sunshine. I'll give it a look :)