Tuesday, June 21, 2011

update on my pain.... and very much TMI (might be nsfw-ish if office is very prudish too)

Hmmmm that sounds liek a good emo title. I may keep that for a future update, maybe a woe is me poem for the future when im drunk and wearing black mascara.

Instead this post is about actual physical pain. So WARNING!!!!! The following post details stuff that most, nay all of you may want to skip. Seriously.... there will be too much information ahead!


Look I even added an image to show how serious I am!
.

..

...

.....



Wow, still here? That bored at work huh? Ok... well here's my painful story for your amusement...


Welp... as many of you know... I've been having some problems down there. Basically, some days it felt like my boys where being squeezed. Saturday I wanted to see my doc, but the office was closed and they'd only open on Tuesday.

eh no worries, if the pain didn;t get any worse, I could make it until Tuesday. Famous last words....

Staurday went by... not too bad, a little worse, but maybe a good nights sleep would help. Sunday morning, eh not much better. But bearable, until the night came along. I was walking home from my parents. By the time I got home, it felt like someone had a deathgrip on me. I mean lying down in tears, freaking out kind of pain.

I finally gave up, called y parents and they drove me to the ER. Yes, it was so bad, I caved and decided to risk hours of wait and possibly catching other nasty stuff... it was that bad!

Well good news for me though, apperantly testicular pain is something serious, andI got blood sample taken right away as well as put on a higher priority. I was basically in and out in about 3 hours. The doc gave me a prescirption for a different set of antibiotics. As well I had to return the next day to get an ultra sound done and a follow up with an ER doc.

Oh and one last surprise, I had to get an antibiotic shot... in the butt. Yep, the needle going in wasn't bad, but feeling the injection itself and immediately after... let's just say I hobbled out of there.

The next day was uneventful but long. Ultra sound was done quickly and didn;t show anything worriesome. But the ER was PACKED that morning and even though I had a higher priority since I was there for a follow up, I waited like 3 hours before a doc saw me again. So she gave me a number for a urologist to follow up with after im done with this batch of meds.

I just ended day one of the new meds (about to take the second pill) and I have to admit, I;m cautiously optimistic. It's a bit better. I need to fax in the paper the ER doc gave me before being able to setup an appointment with the urologist, so that will be done tomorrow.

And while all of this sucked donkey balls (and felt at times like I got kicked in the balls by a donkey) the absolute worst part is that I missed my sisters graduation. At least I was able to catch the webcast of it and join my family for supper, but it really sucks that I couldn't be there :(

Welp, that's my story of woe. Why am I sharing this? Well I guess the pain isn;t gone... so I am still scared that this might have more complications. Especially since it took like 4 weeks before getting to this point. just need to vent out, clear my head and hopefully let some of the worry go by sharing.

If you have read all the way through this, I am sorry that you went through all of that.

Oh and for those of you curious, the docs suspect I have Epididymitis
And before anyone wonders, no it was not from an STD. My boys have been fondled more times in the past 48 hours then they well almost ever and the last time was well over a year maybe a year and a half ago!

Great, just my luck, I somehow still got an STD without the action!

ugh.... anyway, sorry again for putting you through all of this. Time to pop my pill and hopefully get back to normal!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...ow. I'm so sorry. Look at it this way...at least they didn't have to shoot the antibiotic straight into the source of the problem! That would have been MUCH worse. I feel for ya...I do. Hope they feel better soon. Maybe you can talk some hot nurse into "tending to them" with a hot wet washcloth to aide in swelling? Circulation? Maybe they are pissed that they had to wait this long for some other than you lovin? I'm just waiting for my body to revolt for the very same reason. Yikes.

bobo said...

Thanks for reading. I know this is kind of above and beyond lol.

Oh yeah, if they had to shoot anything there, I'd be screw it, just take it away! lol And as for the pain, yesterday wasn't bad, today it's worse :(

Rebecca said...

wow sorry to hear this hope all is ok soon. thanks for stopping by my blog following now.

bobo said...

Thanks and welcome. So sorry that this was the first post you read thought! I swear they aren't all as ummmm "intimate" as this! And thanks so much for following :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry dude. I pray it all goes away. Good post, BTW.

bobo said...

Thanks Stace. Glad I could at least make something good out of all of this :)

sunshine said...

First time I visit your blog and what an amazing read you put me through.

So sorry to hear about your pain and what you are going through.

Sending you some positive thoughts for a speedy recovery, take care!

bobo said...

Welcome Sunshine, thanks for reading and for the well wishes.

Mrs. Tuna said...

I feel like I should tell you all about my yeast infection. Too much?

bobo said...

If you feel like the need to vent, go right ahead! Thanks for taking the time to read the post.

Sandra said...

Well, I happen to love TMI...I'm nosy that way, plus the nurse in me perks up at any post involving pain...sorry Bobo, I don't wish you pain, but still, it kept me reading. So sorry you had to go through this. I will say though that the next time one of my male kids needs to go to the ER, I'm using the "sore balls" card if it means we get in quicker, because apparently, broken bones aren't a priority. Great post buddy, and I hope you feel better soon.

bobo said...

Thanks Sandra. Still not out of the woods yet :\

And about the ER remember, 1 they might get "fondled" and 2 make sure they sell it, cause with that kind of pain, they shouldn't be running around ;)

Juli said...

Pain anywhere near there is never good. :( Glad you had it checked out and everything seems to be getting better.

My "issues" have been going on for years, my doctor said that when the pain gets too bad we'll have to do the investigation work for the cysts. Soooo, when I couldn't feel the tops of my legs and was buckled over in pain after picking youngest up yesterday, I decided to get an appointment.

The mamogram is because I'm sick and twisted and can't wait to be vandalized and manipulated. Yeah. That's it.

So glad you found me, and now I can follow you back and give you way TMI for comments. :) -J

bobo said...

Yeah... just wish it could all magically go away y'know.

I really hope the cysts aren't anything serious though. That sounds really painful :(

Glad I found your blog and feel free to comment as much info as you'd like :)

Hybrid2 said...

Ow ow ow ow

Good luck.

bobo said...

thanks hy. my thoughts exactly lol

Heather (aka Sugar Free) said...

Shit. I missed all of this because Blogger is a Cunty Faced Whore. You read about it. Bo, (that's what I'm calling you now....in honor of Bo Duke from the Dukes [whoa...typed 'dykes' at first]of Hazzard. Cherish your new name. Cherish it. For it was given to you by a fellow lover of good spirits. (whaaaat? two meanings in that word!) *wink wink*

bobo said...

No worries :)

Hmmm Dykes of Hazzard? Think I might've seen that mov..... ummmm never mind :p

Speaking of good spirits, it's been a while, time for me to get back on the wagon :p